19 February 2010

Anti-Olympics--warning, this post has swearing...

I've been poking around for info on the anti-Olympic protests and riots (nice Metro through the TD Bank window! I like!) Here are some photos that almost had me tearing up--oh, I miss my old neighborhood. Mike Usinger's an asshole, and he writes articles to prove it. In fact, he might be the number one reason not to read the Straight (which has become a straight paper, anyway). This one has a rather blow-by-blow description of activities that seem a little...overlooked? by the straight media. What the hell was Arnie carrying the torch at one point? I do not understand. And this blog is kind of cute, although I don't know why I think it's cute. He's chipper!

Anyone else have good sources? I am now a little disappointed I am not there... Commercial Drive is still one of the best neighborhoods in Vancouver, and it is what I miss, if I miss anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment