08 December 2009

St Malo is a very beautiful and old port city. Outside of the walled city (which is plagued by tourists) is the newer, resort part of the city. The sea is beautiful here, and the buildings like castles from fairytales. I didn't take many pictures, though, because it was too hard to choose which buildings to take photos of...








Some of the street names, though, begged to be photographed.








My second day in St Malo, I decided to do a little randonnering, along the peninsula. At one point, there was a small chapel--much like the one near Bazancourt--to the Virgin Mary (again) to keep the sailors and fishermen safe at sea. It seems there is little the Virgin Mary does not hold sway over.







The window of the chapel, looking through to the other side. I liked the window-withing-a-window composition. Another chapel I could look at but not enter.








Food in France! I am buying a dozen of these yoghurts before I set off back to Canada--the yoghurt is delicious, and you are left with a lovely terracotta cup once you've devoured the contents. And the lable has a great black-and-white of cows.

1 comment:

  1. And here I thought it was fun to use the nutella jars as glasses! Those yoghurt cups are way cooler. I would accept a set for xmas, with or without yoghurt, just fyi.

    ; )


    And I would LOVE to live on la rue du chat qui danse.

    ReplyDelete