10 December 2009

(Bad) photos of French food...


My favourite yoghurt in France. Comes in a pottery jar!











Tart! Maybe a current one--I can't remember now.










That's a FRIED EGG on the side of my cup.









I don't even remember what was in this, probably bread, but I love how they twist up the ends to turn a sheet of paper into a carry bag!








Cheese and bread. Lovely soft goats cheese...





Canadian Gray Apples. Sometimes just Canadian apples. They're HUGE. The woman who worked at the Montreille-sur-mer hostel brought this for me from her garden. They grow everywhere in France, but I'd never heard of them before. They're tart, quite crispy, but have a thick skin. In case you didn't know, I love apples...

2 comments:

  1. You're killing me! And I JUST ate an apple coffee cake.

    You know, I can't find any gingerbread anywhere! Not cookies, but the actual bread. Which is my favourite yuletide treat. Where did it go? Do they have pain d'epices in France?

    I did actually MAKE some gingerbread muffins to make up for the coffee shop-bakery lack. I added some chopped up apple and some mincemeat too, and they were so goooooood.

    But now I want bread & cheese! And yoghurt in a little clay pot!

    ps
    Why was there a fried egg served with your coffee? Oh I know why, because you're in FRANCE. They put eggs everywhere. I saw them on pizza once, so ... coffee... why not? But why was it a humming bird egg?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No! It was a candy shaped like an egg. It might have tasted like vanilla, but my brain was on overload and couldn't deal with the looks-like-an-egg, tastes-like-ice-cream situation.

    I haven't looked for pain d'epice in France, but I've bought a lot of German ginger cookies. I think gingerbread is my favourite, but it has to be home-made with fresh ginger. I have a friend from work whose Latvian mother makes the nicest, nicest gingerbread.

    ReplyDelete