11 December 2009

After two and a half weeks (for me--much longer for others) we finally cleared enough land to plant trees! They are all in now, with their sprinkling of dolomite and their three broad beans. The forest wasn't particularily old--the land is still terraced from when grape vines were grown here--but it is a bit sad to chop living things down. If it were my choice, I would choose an orchard that was already established, and transition it into an organic farm rather than cutting down something that already exists. But I don't have an orchard.

I've been searching for a place to stay for January, and have not had a lot of luck. There was a glimmer of hope when a fellow from Corsica offered to pick me up after his Christmas holidays in the south of France, but he's disappeared before we could make final arrangements. My fingers are still crossed.

Other than that, it's been beautiful out with lots of sun, though a bit chilly in the shade. The other WWOOFers and I went to Collioures on our day off and ate cheese and bread and the best butter ever--a hunk of fresh butter with coarse salt mixed through it. Particularily delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment