02 May 2010

My last day in Bessieres


I was really tired of fighting with the computer, so this picture hasn't been rotated. I have plenty more to add, but I figured one sideways photo was enough. There was a community vide grenier my last day in Bessieres, a community garage sale! Yeah! This was a wasps nest--it's a nest of Asiatic Wasps that have been turning up more and more in France. They hunt bees, so they are really, really bad to have around, and they are quite large (apparently) and red and black. It was still winterish, so this hive was dormant, and I'm pretty sure they were going to burn it afterwards, but they brought it to the VG just to show--and it was huge! That woman's head was right beside it! It was quite the show stopper.



At the VG there were plenty of farm implements! This is (the back of) Berangere and here daughter, buying a plow. Farm stuff is always really colourfully painted...

The one thing that was EVERYWHERE were CASSETTE TAPES. And, yes, I bought my first cassette tape since I was 13. I'm starting a collection, don't you know. I got the soundtrack to Down By Law! Five for a euro, so I got a few others... Hey! They're light!

No comments:

Post a Comment