02 May 2010

Barcelone, March 2010




Barcelona is truly a beautiful city. more than Paris, everywhere I looked, I found something beautiful, no less for Gaudi's additions. Here is the top of one of his apartment buildings.



Light and colour were two things he did well, besides many other things. In fact, his buildings are quite well designed, from using natural light and simple heating techniques. And fabulous desig, of course.

The core of the building was all in tile, with wooden vents to regulate the temperature. It was a better picture through the molded glass.

Organic. Beautiful.

A fire place with a room all its own! Like a warming oven, but for people! I want one of these.

1 comment:

  1. Alissa! I love all these posts. I couldn't believe how much new stuff there was to see when I checked your blog!
    Sadly I only spent a day in Barcelona on my travels, but I loved it too. Gaudi! Gorgeous and playful and so neat. I am so smitten with his curves (wink). That little fireplace nook is fantastic!
    I just put a letter in the mail to you (finally!!) so hopefully it will find you soon.

    ReplyDelete