02 May 2010

I went for a bike ride...

I went for a bike ride between Bessieres and Gaillac, which is...maybe 20 or 30 kms away. It was a beautiful Sunday, if a little cold. And here is what I found:

A memorial to the war dead. Every town has one, some more interesting than others.














A great sign for apples.












Spring!















Lisle-sur-Tarn. French names are terribly adventurous. It's on an island in the Tarn River. And it's pretty, just like every other town in France.















The light was beautiful, the clouds were beautiful, the sky was beautiful. I am obsessed with taking pictures of the sky, of clouds, and of power lines. I can't explain it.















The French countryside.















A corner pigeonnier in St Sulpice-sur-Tarn. I thought is was charming that there was a pigeonnier in town. It fit, and yet seemed an afterthought.















Below is Albi. Super beautiful Albi. The cathedral--the final picture--is enormous. I went in around 530 and there was a choir practicing for that night's show--so pretty! The insidee of the church is kind of crazy--it's basically a church inside a church, and there are plenty of macbre paintings, mostly of the seven deadlies and the torture for them in Hell. Uplifting!



1 comment: