24 October 2009

Le Chateau

Collecting walnuts, stacking wood, cutting quince--this is my life right now. I live in a chateau with a great American woman from NYC and a rather disaggreable French woman from the south of France who has no manners. The Madame of the house is mad and amazing and a lot of fun to interact with when she isn't yelling, Depechez-vous!

My room--the attic room with the rather infamous sheets that shocked me when I left. If I haven't explained that, don't ask. Just suffice it to say that I wasn't too pleased to know I'd been sleeping on sheets stamped with that.






Elisabeth and I took a walk into the nearby woods to the chapel on the hill--quite a lonely and pretty chapel, locked and covered in ladybugs.

1 comment:

  1. Hello traveller! Nice to get a little snapshot of where you are. Sounds kind of dreamy, but I'm sure it's not as perfect in reality as it is in my daydream! Still, you're living in a castle! NEAT.
    Working on a letter pour vous. A la prochaine!
    oxox

    ReplyDelete