24 August 2009



These are handbound notebooks made of one-side-used paper, mostly collected from work.


The covers are various things, mostly tetra packs I picked up in Europe in 2007, but also an Italian cookie box--that's the two kids from the seventies in yellow and pink.

The pages open out flat. This means that they are easy to write and draw in, but also that the used side of the paper is exposed. There are other ways to bind that would have hidden the used-side of the paper, but I figure the random text can either add something to the book, however they are used, or they provide convenient places to affix things.

And then the hammered things. Bottle cap earrings! My new favourite thing to craft.



Heineken, Gulden Drakk, and Fat Tire...


...Coronas and Dogfish Ale! They're beauties.

1 comment:

  1. I posted a comment on here a while ago but now it is gone. EVAPORATED. The internet ate it. Oh well. All I said was: your home made journals rock and that I've been using the Oz one you made me, and it's almost full. And then I can use the chocolate Matilde one and now that I know the secret of how they are made... I can make myself some more! I have a very nice chai container for a cover. I can also see some yuletide gifts in the making.

    ReplyDelete